Intersect - Week 1 Discussion Questions
Discussion Questions for Intersect Session 1: Our Place, Our Purpose
1. "We ought to approach the future without the clenching of our fists or the wringing of our hands. We ought to see the ongoing cultural shake-up in America as a liberation of sorts from the captivity we never even knew we were in." - Russell Moore
What do you think Moore meant in this quote by "a liberation of sorts from captivity"?
2. Read Matthew 10:22 and 1 Corinthians 1:18. Why is the gospel considered offensive or foolish to our community?
3. Do you think America is a Christian nation? Why or why not?
4. What is the "almost gospel" and how is it adversely affecting the true gospel message?
5. Moore stated, "The Bible Belt is teetering towards collapse, and I say let it fall." Do you agree? Why or why not?